Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fun with gels

Wanted to experiement using my new Sekoniq L-758DR light meter. I felt that doing something clever with gels would be fun and Iain (my son and always willing test subject) is always up for something a bit different.

I started off with a standard 48" roll of paper on a c-stand. Next came an Alien Bee B800 on my overhead light system. Iain picked the gel color and I clamped it on. Then to get a dramatic lighting on the boy to compliment the direction and mood of the shot I placed the main light just under his chin shooting straight up.

I used the L758 to meter and adjust the light rations and took about 8 shots... this one being the best combination of expression and angle.



Here's the final shot. Did the usual retouch job for extra punch.

No comments: