Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Audi R8... or should I say RS8?

The new Audi R8 is a great car all around. But as usual I feel that the styling on most new cars could always be taken a little further. This is a typical chop where I applied my usual list of modifications including:


This is the before image courtesy of seriouswheels.com


This is the after image with the following modifications:

  • Lowering the car's suspension to lessen the gap from the top of the tire to the wheel wells.
  • Chopping the roof height by compressing the distance between the top of the hood and roof.
  • Stretching the side rockers to get them closer to the ground for a more agressive stance.
  • Adding an additional front lower valance piece to give the vehicle more ground effects and a more agressive look.
  • Gun metal gray-out the wheels.
  • Tint the windows.

This is an interesting view I came accross when disabling layers for this walkthrough. Here you can see the overlay layers for the front and side aerodynamics pieces as well as the tinting for the wheel, windows and grills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.